In Make Modern Issue 9 we bring you tips for fussy cutting from famous fussy-cutter Angie Wilson, a fabulous gallery of quilty tattoos and Jane discusses quilter's guilt. Our in-house Maths + Methods expert Alyce, teaches us how to strip piece HSTs that will save you hours! Modern makers include Amy Gibson, Bec Proschogo, Angie Wilson and Christa Watson.
Make Modern magazines are jam-packed with modern quilt patterns suitable for beginner quilters to advanced, and articles about modern quilting guaranteed to make you smile, inspire you to quilt outside your comfort zone, and start making modern quilts today. Our beautiful patchwork magazine is published independently by a team of quilters, and priced at just AU$10 (approx. US$7, CA$9, €6 or £5).
*Price in AUD converted to your currency during checkout. Make Modern is a digital modern quilt magazine available worldwide. Instantly download the 100+ page PDF to your device and print pages as you like.
- Jelly Baby Quilt by Alyce Blyth (@blossomheartquilts)
- Ocean Bricks Quilt by Cheryl Brickey (@meadowmistdesigns)
- Rainbow Flying Fish Quilt by Lisa Chambers (@chambsvacc)
- Woven Ribbons Quilt by Christa Watson (@christaquilts)
- Geometric Spools Mini Quilt by Kristy Lea (@quietplay)
- Rainbow Swirl Mini Quilt by Sedef Imer (@downgrapevinelane)
- Mountain Tops Quilt by Jenn Nevitt (@mommysew)
- Ampersand Cushion by Rose Johnston (@threadbarecreations)
- Modern Elephant Quilt by Sasha Lowry (@sashalowry)
- Kitty Maze Mini Quilt by Bec Proschogo (@skyberries)
- Rainbow Ripple Quilt by Leanne Parsons (@devotedquilter)
- Locked in Spots Quilt by Diane Bohn (@fromblankpages)
- Kaleidoscope Quilt Sampler Part 3 by Lori Hartman (@lorihartmandesigns)
- Sewing with Kids: Embroidery Sampler by Tricia Mathis (@quiltbugcreations)
- Fussy Cutting by Angie Wilson (@gnomeangel)
- Quilt Blocks to Heal Violence from Jackie Gilles (@jackiegilles)
- Quilter's Guilt: How to recognise, accept and overcome it by Jane Kelly (@janekellyquilts)
- Gallery: Quilty Tattoos by Kristy Lea (@quietplay)
- Meet the Maker: Bec Proschogo (@skyberries)
- Meet the Maker: Amy Gibson (@stitcherydickerydock)
- Meet the Maker: Christa Watson (@christaquilts)
- Maths + Methods by Alyce Blyth (@blossomheartquilts): Strip Pieced HSTs
- Domestic Quilting Goddess, Melissa Gottliebsen (@msmidge): Mini Quilt Magic
- MQG Profile: Los Angeles, USA (@lamqg)
- Ask the Makers: What's your biggest fabric regret?
- Library: All in a Row by Moda All-Stars, The New Quick and Easy Block Tool, Patchwork Essentials: The Half-Square Triangle by Jeni Baker, The Tula Pink Coloring Book by Tula Pink