Here at MM HQ we love that possibilities are endless in quilting. We get to explore so many techniques and try so many fabric combinations. We may focus on the modern side of quilting, but we believe that it’s so important to embrace, respect and appreciate all forms of quilting. We live in a golden age of quilting, with a myriad of tools and conveniences like precut fabric, yet we are still tied to tradition.
Get MOTIVATED to brush up on your binding skills and learn the basics of English paper piecing. Discover how important proper pressing is in the finish of your quilt tops. MAKE perfect applique with freezer paper, try some precut fabric friendly quilt patterns, stitch up brilliant patchwork quilts, or make super cute pouches and accessories. MEET Australian quilter and fabric designer, Keera Job, and American quilters Jessica Vetor and Lori Hartman. Visit the International Quilt Study Center and Museum in Nebraska, USA.
Make Modern magazines are jam-packed with modern quilt patterns suitable for beginner quilters to advanced, and articles about modern quilting guaranteed to make you smile, inspire you to quilt outside your comfort zone, and start making modern quilts today. Our beautiful patchwork magazine is published independently by a team of quilters, and priced at just AU$12 (approx. US$10, CA$11, €8 or £7).
*Price in AUD converted to your currency during checkout. Make Modern is a digital modern quilt magazine available worldwide. Instantly download the 100+ page PDF to your device and print pages as you like.
- Mini Teardrops Mini Quilt by Vicki Ruebel (@orchidowlquilts)
- Forging Steel Quilt by Heather Seminelli (@qacreations)
- Ouch First Aid Kit by Lara Motta (@luellabella)
- Lightning Bolt Zip Pouch by Stacey O'Malley (@slostudio)
- Fly Away Quilt by Keera Job (@livelovesew)
- A+ Journal Covers by Lori Miller (@lorimillerdesigns)
- Chevron Quilt by Shannon Mower & Rebecca Cottongim (@aquilterschaos)
- Hexie Key Fob by Jessica Vetor (@jessicaquilter)
- Giant Tumbler Quilt by Diane Banks
- Star Drop Cushion by Kristy Lea (@quietplay)
- Transitions Quilt by Stephanie Palmer (@latenightquilter)
- Hexagon Pouch by Mara Capron (@mara.creates)
- Kaleidoscope Quilt Sampler Part 2 by Lori Hartman (@lorihartmandesigns)
- Sewing with Kids: Skirt by Tricia Manthis (@quiltbugcreations)
- English Paper Piecing by Jane Kelly (@janekellyquilts)
- Patchwork Threads: Clothing for Quilters (@patchworkthreads)
- Pressing Matters by Jane Kelly (@janekellyquilts)
- International Quilt Study Center & Museum by Kristy Lea (@quietplay)
- Gallery: Beach Bound Mini Quilt Swap hosted by Meredith (@meredithrussian)
- Meet the Maker: Keera Job (@livelovesew)
- Meet the Maker: Jessica Vetor (@jessicaquilter)
- Meet the Maker: Lori Hartman (@lorihartmandesigns)
- Maths + Methods by Alyce Blyth (@blossomheartquilts): Disappearing Nine Patch
- Domestic Quilting Goddess, Melissa Gottliebsen (@msmidge): Binding - Machine vs. Hand
- MQG Profile: Melbourne, Australia (@melbmqg)
- Ask the Makers: What or who inspired your quilting journey?
- Library: The Farmer's Wife 1930s Sampler Quilt by Laurie Aaron Hird, Machine Quilting with Style by Christa Watson, Sew Adorkable by Samarra Khaja, and The Quilter's Day Planner by Stephanie Palmer