At Make Modern, we pride ourselves on being packed with interesting articles about quilts, not the trivialities of celebrity life. But we admit to being awestruck by famous people – if they’re quilters! This issue we have quilty rock stars and royalty – MEET Weeks Ringle and Bill Kerr, the queen and king of modern quilting, and the fabric rock stars from Cotton+Steel. We also meet Australian quilter Jane Davidson of Quilt Jane.
There’s a great selection of quilts to MAKE, including a number of foundation paper piecing projects. We also have patterns for glasses cases, computer covers, bags and placemats, all would make great handmade gifts. We MOTIVATE you to fabric up your pop culture obsession with a feature on pop culture foundation paper piecing. Your next quilt layout is sorted with Alyce Blyth’s useful maths for pairing block and bed sizes for perfect quilts. But if you think less is more, check out our articles on mini quilts and embroidery hoop art.
Make Modern magazines are jam-packed with modern quilt patterns suitable for beginner quilters to advanced, and articles about modern quilting guaranteed to make you smile, inspire you to quilt outside your comfort zone, and start making modern quilts today. Our beautiful patchwork magazine is published independently by a team of quilters, and priced at just AU$12 (approx. US$10, CA$11, €8 or £7).
*Price in AUD converted to your currency during checkout. Make Modern is a digital modern quilt magazine available worldwide. Instantly download the 100+ page PDF to your device and print pages as you like.
- Lost in London Quilt by Ruth Bourke (@cbcraftcorner)
- Flex Frame Pouch by Nicole Young (@lillyellasworld)
- HST Quilt by Christa Watson (@christaquilts)
- Squared Away Placemats by Heather Seminelli (@qacreations)
- Geometric Kitty Foundation Paper Piecing Mini Quilt by Jane Kelly (@janekellyquilts) & Kristy Lea (@quietplay)
- Crackle Quilt by Amy Garro (@13spools)
- Stripy Messenger Bag by Jane Kelly (@janekellyquilts)
- Warm Cool Cushion by Sandi Sawa Hazlewood (@craftyplanner)
- iMac Cover by Jane Davidson (@quiltjane)
- Flower Box Cushion by Leanne Parsons (@devotedquilter)
- Ripple Quilt by Amanda Castor (@materialgirlquilts)
- Unicorn Pixel Quilt by Ambra Nardi & Nicole Greczyn (@thepaperdiary)
- Sewing with Kids: Asterisk Cushion by Brooke & Jane Kelly (@janekellyquilts)
- Aurora Sampler Quilt Part 5 by Alyce Blyth (@blossomheartquilts)
- Pop Culture Foundation Paper Piecing by Kristy Lea (@quietplay)
- The Magic of Mini Quilts by Jane Kelly (@janekellyquilts)
- Cross Stitch to Quilts: Cloudsfactory (@thepaperdiary)
- Rebranding Your Blog by Jodi Godfrey (@talesofcloth)
- Gallery: Aussie Hoop Swap hosted by Jasmine (@jasminesews)
- Meet the Maker: Weeks Ringle & Bill Kerr (@modernquiltstudio)
- Meet the Maker: Cotton+Steel (@cottonandsteel)
- Meet the Maker: Jane Davidson (@quiltjane)
- Maths + Methods by Alyce Blyth (@blossomheartquilts): Size Matters
- Domestic Quilting Goddess, Melissa Gottliebsen (@msmidge): Roadtest - Juki
- MQG Profile: Central Jersey, USA
- Ask the Makers: What is your oldest WIP?
- Library: The Modern Medallion Workbook by Janice Zeller Ryan & Beth Vassalo, Teach Me to Applique by Pat Sloan, Dreamy Quilts by Lydia Loretta Nelson, and You Inspire Me to Quilt by Cheryl Arkison