Quilt inspiration is everywhere, you just have to look for it. Whether it’s taking photos of potential inspiration when you’re out and about, revisiting a classic block in a modern way, sorting out your stash to make the most of what you’ve got, or simply browsing pictures of amazing quilts and learning about their makers, we’ve got quilt inspiration everywhere this issue.
We MEET the super talented Lorena Uriarte and the very clever sister duo, Missy and Kimie from On Williams Street. Jane MOTIVATES with how we found quilt inspiration on a recent MM team trip and how you can train your brain to see designs everywhere. We talk stash curation – which means you get to play with your fabric collection, analyse what you’ve got, and plan your shopping around the gaps. If you want to make more solid quilts, our gallery is full of inspiration. MAKE a gorgeous quilt, using popular techniques like FPP, EPP and embroidery. Be inspired by fresh new ways with log cabins.
Make Modern magazines are jam-packed with modern quilt patterns suitable for beginner quilters to advanced, and articles about modern quilting guaranteed to make you smile, inspire you to quilt outside your comfort zone, and start making modern quilts today. Our beautiful patchwork magazine is published independently by a team of quilters, and priced at just AU$12 (approx. US$10, CA$11, €8 or £7).
*Price in AUD converted to your currency during checkout. Make Modern is a digital modern quilt magazine available worldwide. Instantly download the 100+ page PDF to your device and print pages as you like.
- Cabin Fade Quilt by Alex Hoffmann (@hoffmamacompany)
- Vortex Quilt by Bobbie Gentili (@geekybobbin)
- Skylark Quilt by Missy Winona & Kimie Tanner (@onwilliamstreet)
- Summer Daze Quilt by Julie McCoy (@istitchmodern)
- Mod Rainbow Flower Quilt by Annalise Nawrocki (@socalsew)
- Osaka Quilt by Sue Bone (@justsewsue)
- Hashtag Angle by Angie Wilson (@gnomeangel)
- EPP Bug Coasters by Aimee Davis (@daisyeyes)
- Suits Me Card Table Runner by Rachel Julia (@kohatupatterns)
- Sawtooth Stamp by Paige Anderson (@ponderosacreative)
- Smash That Stash: Curate Your Stash by Jane Kelly (@janekellyquilts)
- Smash That Stash: 2020 Block Swap #2 by Angie Wilson (@gnomeangel)
- Finding Inspiration on the Go by Jane Kelly (@janekellyquilts)
- Quilting Rockstars by HollyAnne Knight (@stringandstory)
- Gallery: Sew Solid by Kristy Lea (@quietplay)
- Meet the Makers: Missy Winona & Kimie Tanner (@onwilliamstreet)
- Meet the Maker: Lorena Uriarte (@lorena_in_syd)
- Tips + Techniques by Alyce Blyth (@blossomheartquilts): Thinking Thread
- The Hustle by Angie Wilson (@gnomeangel): What Are You Making Time For?
- Quilt Like a Rock Star by HollyAnne Knight (@stringandstory): Quilt Meanderings
- Fabric Love by Chelsea O’Hayre (@pinkdoorfabrics): Stash Curation
- Library: Playing with Patchwork & Sewing by Nicola Calver, and New Patchwork & Quilting Basics by Jo Avery