Issue 30 marks our FIFTH birthday! In Issue 30, we meet three incredible makers – Lauren Wright from Molly and Mama, Saija Kiiskinen who we fell in love with on Insta, and Meghan Buchanan from Then Came June; we make rainbow quilts, pinwheels and the prettiest little project pouch; and we motivate readers to improve their practice with an article on applying Aggregation of Marginal Gains to quilting (intrigued?!), additionally we have our brand new Techniques + Tips column by Alyce Blyth. We discuss the therapeutic benefits of quilting with our feature article, Why is Quilting Good For Us?
Make Modern magazines are jam-packed with modern quilt patterns suitable for beginner quilters to advanced, and articles about modern quilting guaranteed to make you smile, inspire you to quilt outside your comfort zone, and start making modern quilts today. Our beautiful patchwork magazine is published independently by a team of quilters, and priced at just AU$10 (approx. US$7, CA$9, €6 or £5).
*Price in AUD converted to your currency during checkout. Make Modern is a digital modern quilt magazine available worldwide. Instantly download the 100+ page PDF to your device and print pages as you like.
- Rainbow Colour Wheel Quilt by Sue Bone (@justsewsue)
- Lotus Blossoms Quilt by Amanda McCabe (@jamesandgraciehandmade)
- Pinwheel Garden Quilt by Leanne Parsons (@devotedquilter)
- Pretty Pinwheels Cushion by Sarah Scott (@piccolostudio_sarah)
- On Point Pouch by Lauren Wright (@mollyandmama)
- Cosy Blooms Quilt by Michelle Roberts (@michelle_creativeblonde)
- Square Illusions Quilt by Jen Shaffer (@patternsbyjen)
- Terali Quilt by Danielle Gallagher (@stitchcentral)
- Mixin’ It Up Quilt by Velda Roy (@freckledfoxquiltery)
- Pencil Pusher Quilt by Kerry Foster (@pennydog)
- Dresden Escape Quilt by Cindy Kratzer and Sandra Dennison (@graybarndesignsquilts)
- Medley Medallion Sampler Quilt Part 6 by Cathy Victor (@catequilter)
- Why is Quilting Good For Us by Vicki Holloway (@vickihollowayquilting)
- Using Science to Improve Your Quilting by Kerry Foster (@pennydog)
- Quilted Clothing from Rachel Andrew (@itssewrachel)
- Gallery: #sewtherainbow
- Meet the Maker: Lauren Wright (@mollyandmama)
- Meet the Maker: Saija Kiiskinen (@saija_elina)
- Meet the Maker: Meghan Buchanan (@thencamejune)
- Tips + Techniques by Alyce Blyth (@blossomheartquilts): Cutting Fabric
- The Hustle by Angie Wilson (@gnomeangel): Customer Service
- Quilt Like a Rock Star by HollyAnne Knight (@stringandstory): Basting Basics
- Fabric Love by Chelsea O’Hayre (@pinkdoorfabrics): Christmas is in the Air!
- Agony Aunt Molli Sparkles (@molli_sparkles)
- Modern Quilt Guild: Central Virginia MQG, Richmond, Virginia, USA (@cvamqg)
- Library: Rainy Day Sewing by Amy Sinibaldi and Kristyne Czepuryk, Quilt by Color by Susan Ache, The Storyteller’s Sampler Quilt by Cinzia White, and The Visual Guide to Creative Straight-Line Quilting by Natalia Whiting Bonner