Issue 29 is another big issue at 126 pages! We meet three inspiring quilters, we make quilts, cushions and an enamel pin holder and we summarise our top tips for foundation paper piecing.
Make Modern magazines are jam-packed with modern quilt patterns suitable for beginner quilters to advanced, and articles about modern quilting guaranteed to make you smile, inspire you to quilt outside your comfort zone, and start making modern quilts today. Our beautiful patchwork magazine is published independently by a team of quilters, and priced at just AU$10 (approx. US$7, CA$9, €6 or £5).
*Price in AUD converted to your currency during checkout. Make Modern is a digital modern quilt magazine available worldwide. Instantly download the 100+ page PDF to your device and print pages as you like.
- Aggregation Quilt by Mathew Boudreaux (@misterdomestic)
- Riding the River Rapids Quilt by Rachel Julia (@kohatupatterns)
- Spinning Stars Quilt by Moira de Carvalho (@quilttalking)
- New Life Quilt by Leanne Parsons (@devotedquilter)
- Modern Grey Quilt by Jackie White (@jackiewhitequilts)
- Framed Quilt by Kristy Lea (@quietplay)
- Scintillating Grid Quilt by Cindy Krafft (@cascadiaquilts)
- Girl’s Best Friend Quilt by Cindy Kratzer & Sandra Dennison (@graybarndesignsquilts)
- Put a Pin In It Enamel Pin Holder by Anne Boundy (@said_with_love)
- Happy Little Vegemite Cushion by Sarah Scott (@piccolostudio_sarah)
- Motif Quilt by Lauren Engelken (@laurenrengelken)
- Medley Medallion Sampler Quilt Part 5 by Cathy Victor (@catequilter)
- Fun with FPP by Kristy Lea of Quiet Play (@quietplay)
- Ah-Bay-Say, abc: A Bilingual Quilt by Capi Cloud Cohen (@sewcloudy)
- Inspiration Boards by Cat Noonan (@tincatsew)
- Mini Barn Quilts from Amanda McCabe (@jamesandgraciehandmade)
- Gallery: Transparency Quilts from Alisa Kutsel (@astitchinbetween)
- Meet the Maker: Lara Motta (@luellabella)
- Meet the Maker: Mathew Boudreaux (@misterdomestic)
- Meet the Maker: Anne Boundy (@said_with_love)
- Maths + Methods by Alyce Blyth (@blossomheartquilts): Diamonds are a Quilter’s Best Friend
- The Hustle by Angie Wilson (@gnomeangel): Expect the Unexpected
- Quilt Like a Rock Star by HollyAnne Knight (@stringandstory): Jacquie Gering
- Fabric Love by Chelsea O’Hayre (@pinkdoorfabrics): New Market Collections
- Agony Aunt Molli Sparkles (@molli_sparkles)
- Modern Quilt Guild: Central Ohio MQG, United States (@centralohiomqg)
- Ask the Makers: Where do you draw your inspiration from?
- Library: Improve Your Practice Free-Motion Quilting by Mitzie Schafer, The Seedling Quilts by Jodi Godfrey, Hidden Treasures by Lori Lee Triplett & Kay Triplett, and Dresden Quilt Blocks Reimagined by Candyce Copp Grisham