Some of the greatest stresses with quilting are when you have too many WIPs, you come back to a project and you don’t know where you were up to, you leave your craft room in such a state that you can’t sew without staging a major cleaning marathon beforehand, or perhaps you leave fabric all over the place and your cat decides she has to lie on every. single. piece. These habits can all be prevented with a little bit of discipline and Editor Jane comes to our rescue with some quick and simple tips to help. The new year also gives you the chance to stop, reflect and plan your next actions. And, in this issue, our small business expert Angie gives you a helping hand with a list of questions to ask yourself to help you plan your goals for the year.
Also in Issue 26, we MEET makers Kelly Liddle from Jeliquilts best known for her Postcards from Sweden quilt; rainbow lover Kristy Lea from Quiet Play; and Cathy Victor. We MAKE curves, triangles become animals in the cutest baby quilt, and our notebook cover for the perfect place to jot down all of your new year plans. And we MOTIVATE you to join a quilting bee, with our guide to quilting bee etiquette and a gallery of Bee Hive quilts. ❤︎ Our rockstar quilter HollyAnne chats to special guest SuzyQuilts about hand-quilting, our math expert Alyce helps you work out how many pieces you can get from a fat quarter, and resident agony aunt Molli Sparkles discusses fabric on-trend, keeping your scraps under control, and being bombarded with fugly fabric by family members with subpar taste (no kidding)!
Make Modern magazines are jam-packed with modern quilt patterns suitable for beginner quilters to advanced, and articles about modern quilting guaranteed to make you smile, inspire you to quilt outside your comfort zone, and start making modern quilts today. Our beautiful patchwork magazine is published independently by a team of quilters, and priced at just AU$10 (approx. US$7, CA$9, €6 or £5).
*Price in AUD converted to your currency during checkout. Make Modern is a digital modern quilt magazine available worldwide. Instantly download the 100+ page PDF to your device and print pages as you like.
- Modern Flowering Snowball Quilt by Robbin Flockhart (@sewfarmquilter)
- Moon Amongst the Stars Quilt by Moira De Carvalho (@quilttalking)
- Which Way Is Up Quilt by Velda Roy (@freckledfoxquiltery)
- Detour Quilt by Mitzie Schafer (@jitterywings)
- Ombre Magic Quilt by Patti Sparks (@sparks.pd2)
- Square Trail Table Runner by Jessie Pendergast (@sewlikeafox)
- Follow the Path Quilt by Cindy Pieters (@stitchinathome)
- Economical Illusion Quilt by Vicki Holloway (@vickihollowayquilting)
- Chain Drive Quilt by Glenda Wilder (@glendawilderdesigns)
- Notebook Cover by Kathleen Aho (@nanabluebird)
- Wonderland Quilt by Kathy Thorncraft (@iamcraftykat)
- Triangle Friends Baby Quilt by Dione Gardner-Stephen (@cleverchameleon)
- Medley Medallion Sampler Quilt Part 2 by Cathy Victor (@catequilter)
- Milestone Quilts from Kitty Wilkin (@nightquilter)
- Fabric Shopping in Japan by Jane Kelly (@janekellyquilts)
- Quilt Bee Etiquette by Jane Kelly (@janekellyquilts)
- Gallery: The Bee Hive from Alyce Blyth (@blossomheartquilts)
- Meet the Maker: Kelly Liddle (@jeliquilts)
- Meet the Maker: Kristy Lea (@quietplay)
- Meet the Maker: Cathy Victor (@catequilter)
- Maths + Methods by Alyce Blyth (@blossomheartquilts): Phat Formulas for Fat Quarters
- The Hustle by Angie Wilson (@gnomeangel): A Year in Review
- Quilt Like a Rock Star by HollyAnne Knight (@stringandstory): Hand Quilting with Suzy Williams
- Agony Aunt Molli Sparkles (@molli_sparkles)
- Ask the Makers: How do you store your fabric stash?
- Quilt Group Profile: Music City MQG, Tennessee, USA (@musiccitymqg)