Some of the greatest stresses with quilting are when you have too many WIPs, you come back to a project and you don’t know where you were up to, you leave your craft room in such a state that you can’t sew. Of course, a little quilty discipline and forward planning goes a long way to eliminating these problems. If quilting is your job, you have an important deadline on a quilt, or you’re part of a modern quilt bee, you really need to get yourself organised. Jane – who confesses to being a procrastinator – will tell you that making an effort to be organised and up to date in your quilting really helps keep stress levels down and production up.
This issue, we MEET Kelly Liddle from Jeliquilts, Cathy Victor and our own Kristy Lea from Quiet Play. We MOTIVATE you to explore the community of modern quilt bees and brush you up quilt bee etiquette. We MAKE a glorious rainbow of striking quilts, featuring arrows, curves, chevrons, ombre and more.
Make Modern magazines are jam-packed with modern quilt patterns suitable for beginner quilters to advanced, and articles about modern quilting guaranteed to make you smile, inspire you to quilt outside your comfort zone, and start making modern quilts today. Our beautiful patchwork magazine is published independently by a team of quilters, and priced at just AU$12 (approx. US$10, CA$11, €8 or £7).
*Price in AUD converted to your currency during checkout. Make Modern is a digital modern quilt magazine available worldwide. Instantly download the 100+ page PDF to your device and print pages as you like.
- Modern Flowering Snowball Quilt by Robbin Flockhart (@sewfarmquilter)
- Moon Amongst the Stars Quilt by Moira De Carvalho (@quilttalking)
- Which Way Is Up Quilt by Velda Roy (@freckledfoxquiltery)
- Detour Quilt by Mitzie Schafer (@jitterywings)
- Ombre Magic Quilt by Patti Sparks (@sparks.pd2)
- Square Trail Table Runner by Jessie Pendergast (@sewlikeafox)
- Follow the Path Quilt by Cindy Pieters (@stitchinathome)
- Economical Illusion Quilt by Vicki Holloway (@vickihollowayquilting)
- Chain Drive Quilt by Glenda Wilder (@glendawilderdesigns)
- Notebook Cover by Kathleen Aho (@nanabluebird)
- Wonderland Quilt by Kathy Thorncraft (@iamcraftykat)
- Triangle Friends Baby Quilt by Dione Gardner-Stephen (@cleverchameleon)
- Medley Medallion Sampler Quilt Part 2 by Cathy Victor (@catequilter)
- Milestone Quilts from Kitty Wilkin (@nightquilter)
- Fabric Shopping in Japan by Jane Kelly (@janekellyquilts)
- Quilt Bee Etiquette by Jane Kelly (@janekellyquilts)
- Gallery: The Bee Hive from Alyce Blyth (@blossomheartquilts)
- Meet the Maker: Kelly Liddle (@jeliquilts)
- Meet the Maker: Kristy Lea (@quietplay)
- Meet the Maker: Cathy Victor (@catequilter)
- Maths + Methods by Alyce Blyth (@blossomheartquilts): Phat Formulas for Fat Quarters
- The Hustle by Angie Wilson (@gnomeangel): A Year in Review
- Quilt Like a Rock Star by HollyAnne Knight (@stringandstory): Hand Quilting with Suzy Williams
- Agony Aunt Molli Sparkles (@molli_sparkles)
- Ask the Makers: How do you store your fabric stash?
- Quilt Group Profile: Music City MQG, Tennessee, USA (@musiccitymqg)