In Issue Two of Make Modern, you’ll find a great collection of fabulous quilt patterns and other projects to spark your creativity. If you’re anything like us, you probably get a bit antsy if you spend too long away from creative pursuits. A night with the sewing machine fills your cup, scribbling a quilt design on a napkin is a creative fix. At Make Modern, a busy day is always soothed by equal doses of chocolate and EPP!
Get ready to fill your creative cup with this issue. If you’re keen to explore the magic of solids fabrics, we have plenty of solid fabric quilt patterns to inspire. We MEET textile artist, quilter and creativity enabler Carrie Bloomston, pixel quilt queen Andi Herman, and men who quilt. MAKE fabulous quilts, one-of-a-kind bags and gorgeous cushions. Explore solid fabric patterns, triangle patchwork, foundation paper piecing and pixel quilting. MOTIVATE yourself to take control of your fabric scraps or join a charity quilt bee like do. Good Stitches.
Make Modern magazines are jam-packed with modern quilt patterns suitable for beginner quilters to advanced, and articles about modern quilting guaranteed to make you smile, inspire you to quilt outside your comfort zone, and start making modern quilts today. Our beautiful patchwork magazine is published independently by a team of quilters, and priced at just AU$12 (approx. US$9, CA$11, €7 or £6).
*Price in AUD converted to your currency during checkout. Make Modern is a digital modern quilt magazine available worldwide. Instantly download the 100+ page PDF to your device and print pages as you like.
- Pike's Peak Solid Fabric Quilt by Cheryl Brickey (@meadowmistdesigns)
- Celestial Solid Fabric Quilt by Cornelia Pramendorfer (@piecedwithlovexoxo)
- Indigo Star Cushion by Kelly Liddle (@jeliquilts)
- Lovely Awful Thing by Carrie Bloomston (@suchdesigns)
- Vice Versa Bag by Susan Bolte (@lakeonestitchery)
- NYE Quilt by Alyssa Long (@measuredandslow)
- Fly by Night Pincushion by Kristy Lea (@quietplay)
- Come Hither Mini Quilt by Rose Johnston (@threadbarecreations)
- The One That Got Away Quilt by Christopher Thompson (@nyc_christopher)
- Tagalong Pouch by Heidi Staples (@fabricmutt)
- Aurora Sampler Quilt Part 2 by Alyce Blyth (@blossomheartquilts)
- Pretty Pink Skull Cushion by Andi Herman (@youpatch)
- Purple Diamond Stars Quilt by Jane Kelly (@janekellyquilts)
- Sewing with Kids: Ticker Tape Placemat
- Men Who Quilt by Jane Kelly (@janekellyquilts)
- Scraps Happen: A guide to dealing with your fabric scraps by Jane Kelly (@janekellyquilts)
- Stitch Marking for Foundation Paper Piecing by Kristy Lea (@quietplay)
- Quilty Stitches from Corey Yoder (@lmshabby)
- do. Good Stitches: A Modern Charity Bee hosted by Rachel (@stitchedincolor)
- Tips for Sewing with Children
- Gallery: Radiant Orchid Pantone Quilt Challenge
- Meet the Maker: Carrie Bloomston (@suchdesigns)
- Meet the Maker: Andi Herman (@youpatch)
- Maths + Methods by Alyce Blyth (@blossomheartquilts): Cutting Fabric for Resized Quilt Blocks
- Domestic Quilting Goddess, Melissa Gottliebsen (@msmidge): Straight Line Quilting
- Ask the Makers: What is your favourite quilting tip?
- Library: New Ways with Jelly Rolls by Pam Lintoo & Nicky Lintott, and Sewing to Sell: The Beginner's Guide to Starting a Craft Business by Virginia Lindsay