In Issue 19, we MEET FMQ royalty Angela Walters and Australian art quilter Pam Holland; we MAKE our new sampler from Sheila Christensen of Mystery Quilter where we learn how to make the look of EPP without the hand sewing; and we MOTIVATE you to reflect on your quilty journey. Take a look at that first quilt and see how far you’ve come since! Or maybe you’re still in the beginner stage – and we have a wealth of tips to help you avoid some of the mistakes we made in our early days.
We have a fantastic issue with 13 brilliant projects to get your sewjo happening, and articles that cover scrap quilting made modern, and how to embrace the changes of the Instagram algorithms. Once more we couldn’t restrain ourselves and we have 120 pages of quilty goodness for you to get stuck into! Enjoy!
Make Modern magazines are jam-packed with modern quilt patterns suitable for beginner quilters to advanced, and articles about modern quilting guaranteed to make you smile, inspire you to quilt outside your comfort zone, and start making modern quilts today. Our beautiful patchwork magazine is published independently by a team of quilters, and priced at just AU$10 (approx. US$7, CA$9, €6 or £5).
*Price in AUD converted to your currency during checkout. Make Modern is a digital modern quilt magazine available worldwide. Instantly download the 100+ page PDF to your device and print pages as you like.
- Potter's Wheel Quilt by Julia Wentzell (@briarhilldesigns)
- Elevator Door Quilt by Kelsey Evans (@foxfishe)
- Christmas Crackers Quilt by Samantha Green (@fortheloveoffabric)
- Wrap Around Table Runner by Susan Emory (@swirlygirlsdesign)
- Flocks of Colour Quilt by Monika Henry (@pennyspoolquilts)
- Christmas Holly Hot Pads by Katy Devlin (@lethargiclass)
- Dakota Prarie Dash Quilt by Jessica Roze (@scrappynhappy)
- Hexalicious Quilt by Liz Dunne (@madeinirelandquilts)
- Sewing Illustrated Pincushions by Minki Kim (@zeriano)
- Mondrian's Lone Star Quilt by Linda Robertus (@bluejacarandadesign)
- Christmas Tree Stockings by Capi Cloud Cohen (@sewcloudy)
- Quilted Leather Wallet by Robbin Flockhart (@sewfarmquilter)
- Mini Wonders Sampler 1 by Sheila Christensen (@mysteryquilter)
- Scrap Quilting Made Modern by Joanne Harris (@turtlequilterjo)
- First Quilts by Jane Kelly (@janekellyquilts)
- Gallery: First Quilts by Kristy Lea (@quietplay)
- Bento Bags from Cat Noonan (@tincatsew)
- Meet the Maker: Angela Walters (@angelafmq)
- Meet the Maker: Pam Holland (@pamholland3)
- Maths + Methods by Alyce Blyth (@blossomheartquilts): Border Security
- The Hustle by Angie Wilson (@gnomeangel): Instagram Changes
- Agony Aunt Molli Sparkles (@molli_sparkles)
- Ask the Makers: If you could go back in time, what is the biggest hint or tip you would tell your beginner quilty self?
- Quilt Group Profile: Denver Metro MQG, Colorado, USA
- Library: Free-Motion Meandering by Angela Walters, Red & White Quilting by Linda Pumphrey, Distinctive Dresdens by Katja Marek, and Create Your Own Improv Quilts by Rayna Gillman