In Issue 18, we MEET the queen of EPP, Jodi Godfrey, from Tales of Cloth and designer extraordinaire Katy Devlin of Lethargic Lass; we MAKE projects using a variety of quilting techniques – dresdens, applique, foundation piecing, as well as the favourite regular piecing; and we MOTIVATE you to get that novelty stash out and start using it in your projects!
We have a bumper issue with 14 fantastic projects you’ll want to dive straight into, and articles that cover the art of swapping, and why you shouldn’t quilt alone. We’re celebrating our third birthday with over 120 pages of quilty goodness and you’re invited to party with us (and by party, we mean hang out in our pyjamas and sew)!
Make Modern magazines are jam-packed with modern quilt patterns suitable for beginner quilters to advanced, and articles about modern quilting guaranteed to make you smile, inspire you to quilt outside your comfort zone, and start making modern quilts today. Our beautiful patchwork magazine is published independently by a team of quilters, and priced at just AU$10 (approx. US$7, CA$9, €6 or £5).
*Price in AUD converted to your currency during checkout. Make Modern is a digital modern quilt magazine available worldwide. Instantly download the 100+ page PDF to your device and print pages as you like.
- Modern Dresden Circles Quilt by Sharon Holland (@sharonhollanddesigns)
- Mother Goose Modern Baby Quilt by Alyce Blyth (@blossomheartquilts)
- Crystal Springs Quilt by Vicki Ruebel (@orchidowlquilts)
- Double Colorado Quilt by Rebecca Cottongim (@aquilterschaos)
- Rainbow Ring Pincushion by Angie Wilson (@gnomeangel)
- Cute Little Cupcake Mini Quilt by Tania Denyer (@iamgingerq)
- Rise Quilt by Katy Devlin (@lethargiclass)
- Misty Mountains Mini Quilt by Anne Boundy (@said_with_love)
- Travelling Postage Stamp Quilt by Ashleigh Snigg (@ashbreedesigns)
- Shades of Zilch Quilt by Cathie Devenney (@cathied1995)
- Island Illusion Mini Quilt by Erica Shockey (@openinvitationquilts)
- Sail Away Baby Quilt by Jaymi Horne (@crankykangaroo)
- Six Coffees and a Tea Mini Quilt by Catherine Chisholm (@knottedcotton)
- Twist on Tradition Sampler Part 6 by Susan Emory (@swirlygirlsdesign)
- The Art of Block Swapping by Martina Bahre (@avaandneve)
- Novelty Prints by Jane Kelly (@janekellyquilts)
- Gallery: #thepincushionproject by Amanda Jean Nyberg (@crazymomquilts)
- Meet the Maker: Jodi Godfrey (@talesofcloth)
- Meet the Maker: Katy Devlin (@lethargiclass)
- Maths + Methods by Alyce Blyth (@blossomheartquilts): Exercise Your Quads
- The Hustle by Angie Wilson (@gnomeangel): Nobody is an Island
- Agony Aunt Molli Sparkles (@molli_sparkles)
- Ask the Makers: How do you use novelty fabrics?
- Quilt Group Profile: SYDModSquad, NSW, Australia (@sydmodsquad)
- Library: Fussy Cutters Club by Angie Wilson, Pretty Handmades by Lauren Wright, A Piece of Cake by Peta Pearce, and Long Arm Quilting Workbook by Teresa Silva