Quilting is way more than just stitching up bed coverings – have you ever thought of how the Five Languages of Love – gift giving, quality time, words of affirmation, acts of service and physical touch – can be represented in quitling? It’s all there, whether you’re encouraging your quilting friends, making a gift for a new baby, or piecing charity quilts. Of course, quilting is also an act of self love and care as we honour our own need to create. At Make Modern we highly encourage using quilting as a love language and this issue we feature a lovely story of a memory quilt that’s become a family heirloom.
In this issue we MEET quilt superstars, Jeni Baker from In Color Order and Jemina Flendt from Tied With a Ribbon, we MAKE flying geese quilts, prairie points and more, and we MOTIVATE you you to get cutting, taking a look at the tools and techniques you need to make cutting as painless as possible!
Make Modern magazines are jam-packed with modern quilt patterns suitable for beginner quilters to advanced, and articles about modern quilting guaranteed to make you smile, inspire you to quilt outside your comfort zone, and start making modern quilts today. Our beautiful patchwork magazine is published independently by a team of quilters, and priced at just AU$12 (approx. US$10, CA$11, €8 or £7).
*Price in AUD converted to your currency during checkout. Make Modern is a digital modern quilt magazine available worldwide. Instantly download the 100+ page PDF to your device and print pages as you like.
- Upstream Please Quilt by Julie McCoy (@julie_simtq)
- Feel the Rhythm Quilt by Melissa Dunworth (@sewbittersweetdesigns)
- Bali Stars Quilt by Danielle Gallagher (@crafty.danielle)
- Granny Square Cushion by Melissa Marginet (@melissamarginet)
- Sunny Side Up Quilt by Shannon Schlosser (@shanschlosser)
- Wild Geese Quilt by Dara Tomasson (@stitchedquiltingco)
- Sun Print Mandala Quilt by Jane Kelly (@janekellyquilts)
- Fruit of the Spirit Pineapple Quilt by Laura Piland (@sliceofpiquilts)
- Night Sky FPP Quilt by Kristy Lea (@quietplay)
- Mysterious Bigfoot Applique Mini Quilt by Jennifer Tincher (@jt_quilting)
- Twist on Tradition Sampler Part 5 by Susan Emory (@swirlygirlsdesign)
- Dad's Quilt - Memory Quilts by Capi Cloud Cohen (@sewcloudy)
- Get Cutting! by Jane Kelly (@janekellyquilts)
- Andrie Designs from Lisa Ratford (@andriedesigns)
- Gallery: Greenery Pantone Challenge by @nohatsquilts + @bryanhousequilts
- Meet the Maker: Jeni Baker (@jenib320)
- Meet the Maker: Jemima Flendt (@tiedwitharibbon)
- Maths + Methods by Alyce Blyth (@blossomheartquilts): What's Good for the Goose
- The Hustle by Angie Wilson (@gnomeangel): Persistence Pays
- Agony Aunt Molli Sparkles (@molli_sparkles)
- Ask the Makers: Where do you draw your quilty inspiration from?
- Quilt Group Profile: SA Modern Quilters, South Australia
- Library: Stitched Sewing Organizers by Aneela Hoey, Rock Solid by Karen M Burns, Cotton Way Classics by Bonnie Olaveson, and Quilting on the Go - English Paper Piecing by Sharon Burgess