In quilting, there are many ways to get similar results. This issue we’ve got a selection of great triangle quilt patterns, but they’re all unique, as are the ways they’re constructed. Whether it’s through foundation piecing, making half rectangle triangle units, half square triangle units or flying geese, the end result is always awesome. But the good news for quilters is that there’s no single technique for anything, whether it’s piecing triangle quilts, applique, foundation paper piecing, curved piecing or quilting. While our directions reflect the designer’s personal tastes, we encourage you to use your favourite techniques to get the desired result.
In this issue we MEET Faith Jones of Fresh Lemons Quilts and MM regular contributor Leanne Parsons of Devoted Quilter. We MAKE triangle quilts, orange peel quilts and give old blocks a fresh feel. the most of mixing techniques, and we MOTIVATE you to speak your mind through your quilts and explore mixed technique quilting.
Make Modern magazines are jam-packed with modern quilt patterns suitable for beginner quilters to advanced, and articles about modern quilting guaranteed to make you smile, inspire you to quilt outside your comfort zone, and start making modern quilts today. Our beautiful patchwork magazine is published independently by a team of quilters, and priced at just AU$12 (approx. US$9, CA$11, €7 or £6).
*Price in AUD converted to your currency during checkout. Make Modern is a digital modern quilt magazine available worldwide. Instantly download the 100+ page PDF to your device and print pages as you like.
- Distractions Cushion by Alyce Blyth (@blossomheartquilts)
- Shards Quilt by Katy Devlin (@lethargiclass)
- Straighten Up & Fly Right Quilt by Wendy Wild (@pugsandneedles)
- Flutterby Quilt by Jenn Nevitt (@mommysew)
- I Love Sushi Mini Quilt by Karin Pudenz (@kpud)
- Caturday Mini Quilt by Angie Wilson (@gnomeangel)
- Mix It Up Quilt by Leanne Parsons (@devotedquilter)
- Pocket Placemat Set by Karis Hess (@clobirddesigns)
- Sienna's Diamonds Quilt by Jane Kelly (@janekellyquilts)
- Step Up by Lesley Chaisson Quilt (@berry_birdy)
- No Regrets Mini Quilt by Pam Cobb (@thestitchtvshow)
- Twist on Tradition Sampler Part 4 by Susan Emory (@swirlygirlsdesign)
- Little Quilts of Love Charity Quilts by Jane Kelly (@janekellyquilts)
- Quilt Theory (@quilt.theory)
- Mixed Techniques by Jane Kelly (@janekellyquilts)
- Gallery: #wordswap2017 by Sharon Hurrey (@shoppershaz_swaphost)
- Meet the Maker: Faith Jones (@freshlemonsquilts)
- Meet the Maker: Leanne Parsons from Devoted Quilter (@devotedquilter)
- Maths + Methods by Alyce Blyth (@blossomheartquilts): Size Me Up, Scotty! – Resizing foundation paper pieced patterns
- The Hustle by Angie Wilson (@gnomeangel): Exposure Kills
- Agony Aunt Molli Sparkles (@molli_sparkles)
- Ask the Makers: How do you manage your quilting time?
- Quilt Group Profile: Quake City Modern Quilters, Newcastle, NSW (@quakecityquilters)
- Library: New York Beauties and Flying Geese by Carl Hentsch, Adventures in Hexagons by Emily Breclaw, Big Book of Strip Quilts by Martingale, and Wise Craft Quilts by Blair Stocker