In this issue we MEET Faith Jones of Fresh Lemons Quilts, we MAKE the most of mixing techniques, and we MOTIVATE you to speak your mind through your quilts. Our maths guru, Alyce of Blossom Heart Quilts gives us the formula for resizing paper pieced blocks, Molli Sparkles gives us the low down on QuiltCon and we learn how we can contribute to Little Quilts of Love. Plus so much more...
Make Modern magazines are jam-packed with modern quilt patterns suitable for beginner quilters to advanced, and articles about modern quilting guaranteed to make you smile, inspire you to quilt outside your comfort zone, and start making modern quilts today. Our beautiful patchwork magazine is published independently by a team of quilters, and priced at just AU$10 (approx. US$7, CA$9, €6 or £5).
*Price in AUD converted to your currency during checkout. Make Modern is a digital modern quilt magazine available worldwide. Instantly download the 100+ page PDF to your device and print pages as you like.
- Distractions Cushion by Alyce Blyth (@blossomheartquilts)
- Shards Quilt by Katy Devlin (@lethargiclass)
- Straighten Up & Fly Right Quilt by Wendy Wild (@pugsandneedles)
- Flutterby Quilt by Jenn Nevitt (@mommysew)
- I Love Sushi Mini Quilt by Karin Pudenz (@kpud)
- Caturday Mini Quilt by Angie Wilson (@gnomeangel)
- Mix It Up Quilt by Leanne Parsons (@devotedquilter)
- Pocket Placemat Set by Karis Hess (@clobirddesigns)
- Sienna's Diamonds Quilt by Jane Kelly (@janekellyquilts)
- Step Up by Lesley Chaisson Quilt (@berry_birdy)
- No Regrets Mini Quilt by Pam Cobb (@thestitchtvshow)
- Twist on Tradition Sampler Part 4 by Susan Emory (@swirlygirlsdesign)
- Little Quilts of Love Charity Quilts by Jane Kelly (@janekellyquilts)
- Quilt Theory (@quilt.theory)
- Mixed Techniques by Jane Kelly (@janekellyquilts)
- Gallery: #wordswap2017 by Sharon Hurrey (@shoppershaz_swaphost)
- Meet the Maker: Faith Jones (@freshlemonsquilts)
- Meet the Maker: Leanne Parsons from Devoted Quilter (@devotedquilter)
- Maths + Methods by Alyce Blyth (@blossomheartquilts): Size Me Up, Scotty! – Resizing foundation paper pieced patterns
- The Hustle by Angie Wilson (@gnomeangel): Exposure Kills
- Agony Aunt Molli Sparkles (@molli_sparkles)
- Ask the Makers: How do you manage your quilting time?
- Quilt Group Profile: Quake City Modern Quilters, Newcastle, NSW (@quakecityquilters)
- Library: New York Beauties and Flying Geese by Carl Hentsch, Adventures in Hexagons by Emily Breclaw, Big Book of Strip Quilts by Martingale, and Wise Craft Quilts by Blair Stocker