Our projects this issue use all our favourite shapes, and pretty much all our favourite colours too. A few of them are derived from very elementary quilt blocks – nine patch, flying geese and log cabins – but given a variation that will extend your skills. If the projects in this issue don’t have you itching to sew, then it may be time to check your sewjo for a pulse – don’t worry, it happens to the best of us. Fortunately, we have a host of remedies for quilter’s block, as recommended by you, our loyal readers. In Issue 15 we MEET THE Denyse Schmidt who needs no introduction, we MAKE stars, circles and more, and we MOTIVATE you to find your sewjo. Plus so much more...
Make Modern magazines are jam-packed with modern quilt patterns suitable for beginner quilters to advanced, and articles about modern quilting guaranteed to make you smile, inspire you to quilt outside your comfort zone, and start making modern quilts today. Our beautiful patchwork magazine is published independently by a team of quilters, and priced at just AU$10 (approx. US$7, CA$9, €6 or £5).
*Price in AUD converted to your currency during checkout. Make Modern is a digital modern quilt magazine available worldwide. Instantly download the 100+ page PDF to your device and print pages as you like.
- Round and Round Quilt by Mary Gregory (@seemaryquilt)
- Glow Quilt by Samantha Green (@fortheloveoffabric)
- Scrap-o-Dealy-o Quilt by Shannon Mower
- Zeroing In Mini Quilt by Melissa Dunworth (@sewbittersweetdesigns)
- Silver Linings Cushion by Alison Fanthorpe (@thebaronessdesigns)
- Catch a Falling Star FPP Baby Quilt by Kristy Lea (@quietplay)
- Geese and Goslings FPP Quilt by Jane Kelly (@janekellyquilts)
- Hopscotch Mat by Jackie Reeve (@orangeroomquilts)
- Palma by Carol Palmer (@abikingviking)
- Candy Drops Quilt by Sheila Christensen (@mysteryquilter)
- Dandy Whirl Mini Quilt by Sarah J Maxwell (@sjmax105)
- Twist on Tradition Sampler Part 3 by Susan Emory (@swirlygirlsdesign)
- Help! I've Lost My Sewjo by Jane Kelly (@janekellyquilts)
- Quarter Inch of Quirk by Angie Wilson & Kristy Lea (@quarterinchofquirk)
- Vintage Quilt Books by Jane Kelly (@janekellyquilts)
- Gallery: 100 Days 100 Blocks by Angie Wilson (@gnomeangel)
- Meet the Maker: Denyse Schmidt (@dsquilts)
- Meet the Maker: Wendy Welsh (@wendysquiltsandmore)
- Maths + Methods by Alyce Blyth (@blossomheartquilts): Eight Half Square Triangles
- The Hustle by Angie Wilson (@gnomeangel): Do I need a Blog?
- Agony Aunt Molli Sparkles (@molli_sparkles)
- Ask the Makers: What do you wish you knew ages ago that makes quilting life easier?
- Library: No Scrap Left Behind by Amanda Jean Nyberg, Weekend Quilting by Jemima Flendt of Tied with a Ribbon, Modern Machine Quilting by Catherine Redford, and Charm School by Vanessa Goertzen