We love extending our skills here at Make Modern, so when we heard about modern fabric weaving, we had to know more. We delved into it with an indepth how-to, then some gorgeous modern fabric weaving patterns for baskets and cushions – though this technique could be made into anything. We’re also enjoying more traditional piecing styles with a huge selection of bright and beautiful quilts this issue. We’ve got a timeless article on planning your quilt projects, so you can schedule all the projects you want to make.
Issue 14 is packed full of projects and articles: MEET Susan Emory, teacher, pattern and fabric designer, and Jessica Skultety. Try a new technique and MAKE something woven – we talk with Tara Curtis behind the WEFTY needle and find out everything you need to know to get started with modern fabric weaving, and we MOTIVATE you to organise your projects for a productive and stress free year of sewing.
Make Modern magazines are jam-packed with modern quilt patterns suitable for beginner quilters to advanced, and articles about modern quilting guaranteed to make you smile, inspire you to quilt outside your comfort zone, and start making modern quilts today. Our beautiful patchwork magazine is published independently by a team of quilters, and priced at just AU$10 (approx. US$7, CA$9, €6 or £5).
*Price in AUD converted to your currency during checkout. Make Modern is a digital modern quilt magazine available worldwide. Instantly download the 100+ page PDF to your device and print pages as you like.
- Jubilee Quilt by Samantha Green (@fortheloveoffabric)
- Capsule Quilt by Katy Devlin (@lethargiclass)
- Diamond Devil Quilt by Vicki Ruebel (@orchidowlquilts)
- Treasure Chest Doll Quilt by Keera Job (@livelovesew)
- Scrappy Happy Crosses Cushion by Mary Nemsow (@poppinspatch)
- Tilter Kilter Quilt by Sarah J Maxwell (@sjmax105)
- Modern Bamboo Quilt by Anita LaHay (@daydreamsofquilts)
- Off the Chain Woven Basket by Mathew Boudreaux (@misterdomestic)
- Off the Chain Woven Cushion by Tara Curtis (@t_jaye)
- Oceanic FPP Table Runner by Kristy Lea (@quietplay)
- Twist on Tradition Sampler Part 2 by Susan Emory (@swirlygirlsdesign)
- Tiny Tin Sewing Rooms from Sachiko @tearosehome
- Fabric Weaving from WEFTY Needle (@weftyneedle)
- Quilt Planning by Jane Kelly (@janekellyquilts)
- Gallery: Modern Makers Retreat Cushion Palooza (@modernmakersretreat)
- Meet the Maker: Susan Emory (@swirlygirlsdesign)
- Meet the Maker: Jessica Skultety (@quiltyhabit)
- Maths + Methods by Alyce Blyth (@blossomheartquilts): Hung, Drawn & Quartered
- The Hustle by Angie Wilson (@gnomeangel): Quilt Market Wrap Up
- Agony Aunt Molli Sparkles (@molli_sparkles)
- Ask the Makers: Why do you quilt?
- Library: Modern Triangle Quilts by Rebecca Bryan, I Love Precut Quilts by Tricia Maloney & The Quilting Manual by Stash Books