Inspiration is everywhere – at quilt shows, online, or in the pages of your favourite quilting magazine. This issue, our features on QuiltCon, the biggest event on the modern quilting calendar, and digital learning platforms will inspire you to add to your quilty skill set, and our featured makers and projects offer boundless quilty eye candy. If you want to add texture to your quilts, we’ve got a whole swag of techniques that’ll do the job too. And if you need a new challenge, why not shrink it down, check out our mini mini quilt challenge gallery to get inspired!
MEET talented quilters Emma Jean Jansen, Melissa Gottliebsen and Heather Seminelli. Get in the round and MAKE an awesome circle quilt – we’ve got plenty to choose from, and we’ve got tips for how to quilt them too. There’s also clever foundation piecing, rainbow stars and more. Get MOTIVATED to downsize your quilting with our gallery on mini mini quilts and learn how to add texture to your projects.
Make Modern magazines are jam-packed with modern quilt patterns suitable for beginner quilters to advanced, and articles about modern quilting guaranteed to make you smile, inspire you to quilt outside your comfort zone, and start making modern quilts today. Our beautiful patchwork magazine is published independently by a team of quilters, and priced at just AU$12 (approx. US$10, CA$11, €8 or £7).
*Price in AUD converted to your currency during checkout. Make Modern is a digital modern quilt magazine available worldwide. Instantly download the 100+ page PDF to your device and print pages as you like.
- Ripples Table Runner by Anorina Morris (@sameliasmum)
- Gridlocked Quilt by Jane Kelly (@janekellyquilts)
- Ring Road Quilt by Stacey O'Malley (@slostudio)
- X Marks the Spot Mini Quilt by Leanne Parsons (@devotedquilter)
- Pocketful of Sunshine Quilt by Melissa Gottliebsen (@msmidge)
- Playful Penguins Mini Quilts by Kristy Lea (@quietplay)
- Lover's Knot Quilt by Heather Seminelli (@qacreations)
- Spring Blossoms Quilt by Melissa Dunworth (@sewbittersweetdesigns)
- Scrappy Star Quilt by Leanne Benson (@sewnbyleanne)
- Shattered Cushion by Susan Bolte (@lakeonestitchery)
- Kaleidoscope Quilt Sampler Part 5 by Lori Hartman (@lorihartmandesigns)
- Sewing with Kids: Wonky Zippy Pouch by Tricia Mathis (@quiltbugcreations)
- Add Texture: Modern 3D Quilts by Jane Kelly (@janekellyquilts)
- Initial K Studio Art Prints
- Online Learning: Exploring Craftsy, Creativebug, & CreativeLive by Anne Beier (@hudsonvalleyquilts)
- QuiltCon 2016 by Sandi Sawa Hazlewood (@craftyplanner)
- Gallery: Mini Mini Quilt Swap hosted by Crystalyn Bryan (@flavorpink)
- Meet the Maker: Emma Jean Jansen (@emmajeanjansen)
- Meet the Maker: Melissa Gottliebsen (@msmidge)
- Meet the Maker: Heather Seminelli (@qacreations)
- Maths + Methods by Alyce Blyth (@blossomheartquilts): Biased Binding
- Domestic Quilting Goddess, Melissa Gottliebsen (@msmidge): Spiral Quilting
- MQG Profile: Tasmania, Australia (@tasmqg)
- Ask the Makers: If you could outsource a part of the quilty process, what would it be?
- Library: The Ultimate Guide to Machine Quilting by Angela Walters and Christa Watson, Pen to Thread by Sarah Watson, and Mixing Quilt Elements by Kathy Doughty