In Make Modern Issue 10 we chat about quilting on a budget, improv quilting, long-arming modern quilts, binding your quilts and quilt-alongs. Modern makers include Jodie Carleton, Kristy Daum, Mary Menzer, and Cassie Madge.
Make Modern magazines are jam-packed with modern quilt patterns suitable for beginner quilters to advanced, and articles about modern quilting guaranteed to make you smile, inspire you to quilt outside your comfort zone, and start making modern quilts today. Our beautiful patchwork magazine is published independently by a team of quilters, and priced at just AU$10 (approx. US$7, CA$9, €6 or £5).
*Price in AUD converted to your currency during checkout. Make Modern is a digital modern quilt magazine available worldwide. Instantly download the 100+ page PDF to your device and print pages as you like.
- Bobble Mini Quilt by Vicki Ruebel (@orchidowlquilts)
- Alex's Gems Cushion by Jane Kelly (@janekellyquilts)
- Backstreet Quilt by Kristy Daum (@kristydaum)
- When the Stars Go Blue Mini Quilt by Julie Ryan (@juliezryan)
- With the Moon on their Wings Quilt by Jenn Nevitt (@mommysew)
- Improv Medallion Quilt by Cassie Madge (@cassandracrafted)
- Peekaboo Bags by Lara Motta (@luellabella)
- A Different Drummer Quilt by Mary Menzer (@fairlymerry)
- Jumping Framed Squares Quilt by Anita LaHay (@daydreamsofquilts)
- Rainy Days FPP Cushion by Kristy Lea (@quietplay)
- Kaleidoscope Quilt Sampler Part 4 by Lori Hartman (@lorihartmandesigns)
- Sewing with Kids: Reversible Doll Quilt by Tricia Mathis (@quiltbugcreations)
- Quilting on a Budget by Jane Kelly (@janekellyquilts)
- Softies by Jodie Carleton of Ric Rac (@jodiericrac)
- Improv Quilting by Cassie Madge (@cassandracrafted)
- Longarming Modern by Kathy Koch
- Gallery: Modern Quilt Challenge Exhibition from 2QMod
- Meet the Maker: Kristy Daum (@kristydaum)
- Meet the Maker: Cassie Madge (@cassandracrafted)
- Meet the Maker: Mary Menzer (@fairlymerry)
- Maths + Methods by Alyce Blyth (@blossomheartquilts): Bind It Up
- Domestic Quilting Goddess, Melissa Gottliebsen (@msmidge): The Great Quilt Along - How and who to quilt along with
- MQG Profile: Perth, Western Australia (@perthmqg)
- Ask the Makers: Which part of the quilting process do you most enjoy?
- Library: Scrap Patchwork by Sandra Clemons, Beyond Cotton by Krista Fleckenstein, Modern Selvage Quilting by Riel Nason